Located in the heart of the Lake District
As a small guesthouse, our hope is to create a “home away from home” with true Lakeland bed and breakfast values to provide all our guests with high-quality service and a comfortable, relaxing, enjoyable stay during their visit to the beautiful Lake District.
Oakthwaite House Highlights
- Four guest rooms, each sleeps two, each en-suite.
- Room Two is our large and airy super-king room and offers a super king-size bed and distant views out to Walla Crag.
- Room Three is our cosy, compact, first floor double with double bed.
- Room Four is our cosy, compact, second-floor dormer double with double bed and offers distant views out to the Skiddaw range and Latrigg.
- Room Five is our spacious king room and offers a king-size bed and distant views out to Walla Cragg.
- Breakfast in our contemporary styled dining room every morning, made with fresh locally sourced produce.
- All rooms offer a private power-shower with towels and toiletries.
- All rooms offer free in-room Wi-Fi and flat screen tv.
- All rooms offer our Oakthwaite House hospitality tray for use whilst in your room.
- Just minutes’ walk to Derwent Water the ‘Queen of the Lakes’ and many well-known walks into the Northern Fells.
- Less than five minutes’ walk to the plethora of shops, restaurants and Keswick town’s hostelries.
A large and airy, super king, 1st-floor room with beautiful views of Walla Crag.
Prices start at: £105
A cosy and compact, 1st-floor, en-suite bedroom with a double bed.
Prices start at: £85
A cosy, compact 2nd-floor room with a dormer double bed and offering stunning views of the Skiddaw mountain range.
Prices start at: £85
” Only downside is our stay wasn’t long enough, but we have booked again in August. If you want a high-class B&B, attentive hosts, fantastic breakfast, great location and exceptionally clean then don’t hesitate to book.”
Deb and Dean
“Rebecca and Simon know their business, their house is beautiful, they are there exactly when you need them and rooms and breakfast aside, provide those small touches that set them apart and make them more than value for money.”
“We have stayed in most of the hotels in Keswick however none of them can compare to the care and hospitality that is delivered here. We will 100% be revisiting xx.”
Latest News From Our Blog
When it comes to outdoor pursuits, you can most definitely fulfil your dreams and your aspirations...
After completing your day’s adventure in one of the UK’s most beautiful natural landscapes,...
The Theatre by the Lake tends to take centre stage when it comes to entertainment, but there is...